I immediately knew that it was something that I had to do. I missed the window of opportunity last year and sadly I haven't felt the overwhelming desire to do it for Syd's teacher this year. Lucky for me though I love the big boys kindergarten teacher and didn't have to wait another year.
Like everything else though....I had NO IDEA where I had seen the original post. Thanks to pinterest search engine and a few clicks I found the original blog posting.
I knew that it would be a little pricey and so I offered to share the task with a couple of the boys friends moms from their class. After purchasing all of the supplies though I had only spent $38.00. I would have been willing to spend $20.00 per child on their teacher and could have done it alone. but alas....the invitation was already extended so we added a gift card for a pedicure and called it a day.
Both moms came over to help put it together this morning so that we could deliver it when school got out.
I did see some other supply cakes on pinterest and wasn't as happy with the way they looked....so I stayed pretty close to the original recipe.
| supplies |
| All done. I wish I would have taken a picture without the gift card stuck in it....it takes away from the final product. Not bad for 15.00 a kid ! (think if you only had 1 kid :) |
We put little notes and drawings from the boys in one of the boxes.
We had talked about filling them with other school supplies...hand sanitizers, markers, stickers etc...but in the end decided the pedicure would be nice too.